Software - Movable Type
Minimum Account: Basic Account ($9.95)
MovableType is a highly customizable weblog applcation. An administrator
can add multiple posters who can then create their own weblogs. Authors
can post and edit their weblogs as much as they'd like.
MovableType can be used with, or without a database, which is what
will determine which plan you need. The advantages to using a database
are: easier to maintain, more stablility and speed. With a fairly
small site that gets updated infrequently, a filesystem based (non-database)
account should work fine.
- With Database - Lite
- Without database - Basic Account @
- Highly customizable, yet works out of the box
- Doesn't require a database
- Simple comment system works great for small sites
- Doesn't scale to a large number of users
- Not a good choice for applications other then weblogs
Take a tour of
Copyright ©2003 -- XLAN, Inc.
- All rights reserved
Photography - Cory R. King